Below is a list of some of the medical and health services offered and Newport Longevity Center by Dr. Brett Jacques NMD. We offer many additional services and treat hundreds of conditions every week. If you don't see what you are looking for please call the office at (949) 630-0304 and let us know what you are looking for.
Please note that we do not accept any insurance at this time but will be happy to provide our patients with a super bill
Combining the best of traditional wisdom and modern medicine, Newport Longevity Center is proud to bring Naturopathic Medical Care to Orange County. We aim to provide the best in natural healthcare for your needs.
The initial visit can last up to an hour as Dr. Jacques needs a detailed account of your present illness and extensive health history. At the initial visit labs will be decided on depending upon what areas Dr. Jacques feels is necessary to learn more about your condition and you will be given a lab order as well as booking your next encounter with Dr. Jacques.
However you can book an appointment to improve your health even if you don’t have any concerns as many of Dr. Jacques patients do who want to maintain their optimal health. Feeling your best requires diligence on your part and skilled guidance from Dr. Jacques.
The 2rd visit is where the lab results are review and a treatment plan is created that fits your situation and your lifestyle.
Dr. Jacques will then see you in a month for your 3rd visit as it is highly recommended that we fine tune your program as the need arises, sooner rather than later. At the 3rd visit you will be given a new lab order and another appointment should be made in 2-3 months.
At all follow up visits, you and Dr. Jacques work together to streamline and improve your therapeutic regimen as you seek to be the Best You.
To be a patient of Dr. Jacques isn’t always easy. He requires commitment and diligence on your part. The rewards are worth it as the testimonials will attribute.
Newport Longevity Center requires 2 yearly visits at a minimum to remain a patient of record and this includes blood work but you already know the importance of your health so we look forward to guiding you as your journey to optimal health continues.
BHRT is the foundation of feeling your best. At Newport Longevity Center we use bio-identical hormones which are made from wild yams using only enzymes and water. These are the exact shape and size of the hormones your body makes creating a safer and more effective hormonal therapy.
Dr. Jacques also believes that rhythmic dosing of hormones such mimicking the menstrual cycle to be far more effective as well. This method matches the natural hormonal rhythms of the body achieving better outcomes and this includes the lesser known male hormonal rhythms as well.
BHRT at Newport Longevity Center provides natural hormones in a natural rhythm creating better energy, vitality and health.
Therapeutic nutrition at Newport longevity Center is comprised of individualized food plans and customized supplementation. Each food plan accounts for current health issues and goals. Each patient is guided in a step by step fashion to meet therapeutic goals.
Customized supplementation is based on your laboratory results and health needs. Dr. Jacques uses vitamins, minerals, amino acids and herbs to balance your biochemistry.
When combined hormones, food plans and customized supplementation lead you to optimal health
The HCG Diet has garnered a lot of press lately from Kevin Trudeau espousing the wondrous benefits to vilification by registered dieticians. Like many diet programs it doesn’t work for everyone but these people seem to be in the minority. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin or HCG is the hormone that is detected in women when they become pregnant. HCG is very similar to Luteinizing hormone made by men and women which stimulates the production of testosterone and progesterone.
The program consists of a specific, low calorie, low fat, low carbohydrate diet and the utilization of HCG as injections, drops or troches. Many people say that eating so few calories found in the HCG Diet Program (500) will result in weight loss and that adding the HCG is placebo or has no effect. While it’s true that people lose weight on low calorie diets, there is something synergistic about the specific HCG diet and using HCG that increases the amount of weight loss. We typically see 17-23 pound weight loss in 20 days, some more and some people less. HCG appears to allow the body to let go of stubborn fat though the exact mechanism isn’t well understood.
Despite the many critics, the HCG Diet Program is safe for short term use by most anyone that weight loss is appropriate for. It’s not for everyone yet it sure has been successful for many people. At Newport Longevity Center you must have current blood work to determine eligibility and be a patient of record to enroll in the program. If you are interested please contact the clinic to set up your appointment.
Living is Southern California isn’t easy, why? Unfortunately we are constantly exposed to a lot of toxins from the environment in the air, sea and land. These toxins affect our minds and our bodies in a myriad of ways. Many health conditions can be attributed to toxic exposure. While these toxins don’t kill us it can make for a miserable life. Research on the effects of these toxins is mixed for a number of reasons. One grain of lead might hospitalized one person while a teaspoon will have little effect on another person. Remember our abilities to detoxify are as unique as our fingerprints. Additionally researchers only study one toxin at a time and we unfortunately are exposed to hundreds if not thousands of toxins on an hourly basis. (Humans are tough to kill but easy to make sick) This means that when two or more toxins that are not so bad by themselves are deadly when combined and researchers fail to address this.
Toxins cause a lot of harm; they disrupt hormones, block nutrient absorption and utilization, damage neurotransmitters and much, much more. They can make you tired, interrupt your sleep, lead to depression, the list goes on. Your body stores toxins in fat and can be a reason as to why you can’t lose weight or why your hormones don’t work. Can we do anything about this? Yes. How you say?
Detox Outside the Box is a program of nutritional and lifestyle therapies that address the major toxins and improve your body’s ability to get rid of them. We use special herbs, specific vitamin/mineral/amino acid combinations, medical foods, therapeutic injections and soon IVs. We start with the liver with phase I then in phase II we customize the program to your needs. Our programs aim to ensure that you don’t suffer while eliminating toxins from your body.
Therapeutic injections are injections that a patient would receive at Newport Longevity Center or learn to give him or herself in the innermusclar tissue of either the buttocks or the upper arm. They are very simple and when done right do not provide any discomfort. These injections offer a quick version of IV Nutrition for those patients on the go. While not quite as effective it provides an affordable option. If you want increased energy, better fat loss and greater health consider a therapeutic injection.
Current Therapeutic Injections Available:
Vitamin B12 Injections
The purpose of the Vitamin B12 injections is to improve energy levels, boost metabolismand help burn fat, some of the key benefits are:
- Boosts Energy and Overall Metabolic Rate
- Detoxifies the body
- Increases Red Blood Cell Production
- Maintains a Healthy Liver
- Helps regulate sleep, mood, appetite and ENERGY!
Renowned doctors have conducted important studies with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) patients. They gave these patients high doses of B12 injections. The B12 shots dramatically increased ENERGY in 80% of the participants and helped them sleep better. Now, doctors everywhere are administering B12 shots to help their patients have more ENERGY.
Vitamin B-Complex Injections
The vitamins in the Vitamin B-Complex are essential for a variety of bodily functions. They play a major role in the activities of enzymes, proteins that regulate chemical reactions in the body, which are important in turning food into energy and other needed substances.
Some of the many benefits of the Vitamin B-Complex are:
- Improves Metabolism
- Maintains Normal Skin Function
- Improves Mood
- Reduces Water Retention
- Promotes a Normal Appetite
- Increases Red Blood Cell Production
- Improves Liver Function
- Boosts Production of Energy
However, a deficiency of certain B vitamins can cause anemia, tiredness, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, depression, numbness and tingling in the arms and legs, muscle cramps, respiratory infections, hair loss, eczema, poor growth in children, and birth defects.
What are the Vitamins in the B-Complex
The exclusive Vitamin B-Complex used at Newport Longevity Center consists of the following distinct vitamins:
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine): The water-soluble vitamin that all living organisms use in their biochemistry for the proper metabolism of starch and sugar and for effectively maintaining a healthy nervous system.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin 5-Phosphate)): The easily absorbed micronutrient that is required for a wide variety of cellular processes and plays a key role in energy metabolism and helps the thyroid function properly.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide): The water-soluble vitamin that is essential for the normal function of the nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract; the severe lack of which is a potential contributing factor towards obesity.
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium Pantothenate): The essential vitamin to all forms of life that is a vital coenzyme in numerous chemical reactions that generate energy from food and promote cell reproduction and gene expression.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCL): The water-soluble vitamin that is a cofactor in many reactions of amino acid metabolism, including the synthesis of serotonin, and the maintenance of hormones and a stronger immune system.
- Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin): Plays a role in the body’s growth and development. It also has a part in producing blood cells, nervous system function, and how the body uses folic acid and carbohydrates.
Lipotropic Fat Burning Injections
“The Natural Fat Burner”
Lipotropic compounds are substances that help increase the breakdown of fat (lipids) during metabolism and, in this way, reduce excess fat in the liver and other tissues.
Injections of carefully calibrated doses of natural lipotropic nutrients can improve your ability to shed fat. By definition, a lipotropic substance decreases the deposit, or speeds up the removal of fat within the liver.
Lipotropic compounds play an important role in maintaining a health liver. And a healthy liver plays a major role in metabolism including:
- Gives Increased ENERGY
- Improve Weight Loss
- Aiding in Digestion
- Reduces the Storage of Fat
- Detoxification of Metabolic Waste Products
- Reduces Appetite
- Increase your body’s Natural Fat-Burning Process
- Boost production of lecithin helping Liver Dissolve Cholesterol
What are the Lipotropic Compounds?
Many substances have lipotropic (fat-burning) properties. However, our Exclusive Injection Combinations utilize the following four amino acids adding B-12 vitamin:
- Choline: Helps to support the health of the liver in its processing and excretion of chemical waste products within the body. Moreover, it is required for the transport and metabolism of fats and cholesterol within the body, which is important for the healthy support of the endocrine, cardiovascular and hepatic systems.
- B12: is a vitamin that is involved with the body’s metabolism and helps to convert carbohydrates, fats, and proteins into energy. It works with other lipotropic agents to help metabolize fat.
- Inositol: A nutrient which aids in the metabolism of fats and helps reduce blood cholesterol. Inositol participates in the action of serotonin, a neurotransmitter known to control mood and appetite.
- Methionine: One of the sulpha-containing amino acids (cysteine & cystine are others) and is important for many bodily functions. It acts as a lipotropic agent to prevent excess fat buildup in the liver and the body, is helpful in relieving or preventing fatigue and may be useful in some cases of allergy because it reduces histamine release.Patients with a Sulfa allergy should not take this injection.
- L-Carnitine: L-carnitine is an amino acid that helps to transport fats into muscle cells which is essential for energy production. L-Carnitine is essential part of the transport system by moving fatty acids into the mitochondria (cell furnaces) for energy production. It then acts as a buffer by inhibiting lactic acid build up in the muscles.
The above ingredients are the most effective lipotropic agents for weight loss purposes. This is due to their involvement in lipid (fat) metabolism and the maintenance of a healthy liver by removing fat within the liver. Added with the B-12 vitamin is the magic combination that melts away those unwanted pounds as Dr. Jacques has seen the proof in his happy patients time and time again achieving their weight goals at Newport Longevity Center.